Saturday, December 5, 2009

Does this look like a kid could've written it?

My kid was given an assignment at summer camp to come up with her own words to a song that's already been written, or to make up her own song. She has no rhythmic ability whatsoever (she has many other talents though like sports, math, writing, etc) so I took the song You Are My Sunshine and changed it to this:



You are the sunshine



Warm shiny sunshine



I am so happy in your light



You make the plants grow



You make the sun glow



You make everything seem so bright



Think she can pull it off? (She's just shy of ten)



Does this look like a kid could've written it?chicago theater



This sounds like something my 11 y/o daughter would get...or has gotten in the past.



I worked as a CIT (Counselor In Training) ate a day camp some 25 tears ago (gasp!), and I know that on face value, it really does not make a difference when she presents it. No one will be critical of whether she did indeed make it up or not, or even how she performs it! So for Summer camp...no big concern.



She'll just recite it and she'll do great!



But your absolutely right regarding school....



What does matter the very most is providing her with a healthy mindset for preparation and guidance when it comes to a project. This is the parent's department...."The Department Of Representing a Model of Self Confidence and Incentive" ...or T.D.O.R.M.S.C.I. for short! :-)



The best thing, in my opinion is to develop a desire in my kid to INSIST on being in charge of her own decisions.



The result is a bit more challenging for both she and I as you can imagine. If she does not perform adequately, at least you can feel the assurance of having the correct responsibilities divided in a healthy, productive way for you both!



%26lt;Writing that was good for me too%26gt;



...Now I can get back to my usual goofball questions! LOL



Does this look like a kid could've written it?met opera opera theater



Depends on the kid. If the teacher is good, (s)he will know of your kid's abilities and notice that it rhymes too well. Honestly, just let her try, or learn about rhymes, or learn that things don't have to rhyme, rather than do her homework for her. Cheaters don't prosper.
okay. gifted child.
Um, was she supposed to write it? Did she help you? If she did, then she can pull it off. If not, help her instead of writing it for her.
I'm a councelor at a summer camp and in my honest opinion no. As a mother you should support her even if what she makes isn't as good. Sit her down and ask her what song she'd like to use. Review possible choices WITH her. When she chooses it help her write it,don't make it all up yourself, even if she is only contributing a word. Helping her develop the skills is much better then simply giving up on it.
Pretty sharp--especially for that age



Paul McCartney's agent won't have to start worrying about things for fifteen or sixteen years yet---but still ---pretty sharp
no, she can't pull it off because she didn't write it.



way to teach your kids lying is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update