Saturday, December 5, 2009

Who was this written by?

You are my sunshine



you know how it goes...you are my sunshine my only sunshine u make me happy when skies are grey....and so on



Who was this written by?opera house



"You Are My Sunshine" is a popular song first recorded about 1940. It has been declared one of the state songs of Louisiana as a result of its association with former state governor and country music star Jimmie Davis.



Davis and Charles Mitchell are the credited songwriters of "You Are My Sunshine". According to many sources, Davis bought the song and rights from Paul Rice and put his own name on it, a practice not uncommon in the pre-World War II music business. Some early versions of the song do credit the Rice Brothers. According to some accounts, clarinetist Pud Brown also had a hand with the Rice Brothers in the song's origin or first arrangement.



Who was this written by?dream theater opera theater



Rick Nelson
Soggy Bottom Boys
Woody Guthrie? That would be my guess
Composed by Jimmy Davis in the late 1970's. Often played in the state of Louisiana.
Jimmie Davis wrote the song.



It's been recorded by soooooo many people over the years.
Jimmie Davis
not soggy bottom boys. its an american old folk song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update