Thursday, December 10, 2009

WHAT IS the Song on Car Commercial?

There is this commercial, and just my luck, it hasn't run in a while so I can't get the brand...



But it is a new car/truck commercial. Started airing about this week. I wanted to know who performs the song, that plays in the background.



It only plays a bit of it but it is the song "Sunshine":



"You are my Sunshine,



My only sunshine,



you make me happy,



when skies are grey.



You'll never know dear,



how much I love you.



Please don't take, my sunshine away"



I know this is a song, as I've heard it before, don't know the original creator either but I LOVE this version of it, it is really upbeat and it's been stuck in my head all day, and I MUST know who sings it!!



WHAT IS the Song on Car Commercial?mr messed up



The song is You are my sunshine obviously by a man named Brother Love BUT there is no full version sadly, it was a special for the car commercial, which i might add, is the exact same commercial for both chevy and saturn!



WHAT IS the Song on Car Commercial?getting late opera theater



John Denver sang that one. Don't know if it's the version your talking about. But I think he was the writer of that song......or maybe not. maybe I'm thinking of sunshine on my shoulders???
I don't think there is anyone singer in particular, I know Bette midler has a version on the Beaches soundtrack. Also many other artists have recorded you are my sunshine.
Hi, here is what I know about the song. You're right that it sounds like a wonderful song about a love BUT it's actually a song about a lost love... what else is new. Now that I think about it, it actually sounds like a song from a maniacal stalker lover who's been given the shaft. Spooky! As for who sings it in the commercial, we'll both have to wait for it to air again. Funny only last night I was saying that it airs all day long and today I can't seem to find it. Anyway, we you hear it you'll need to get the name of the car and then keep googling the commercial, brand, song, performed by. Eventually it'll come up. But if you're waiting for the person who performs it to make a single out of it that most likely won't happen. Usually the folks who do these commercials just do commercial work.



This song has been redone over the years by lots of professionals. Johnny Cash has a version if you like him. Just google: lyrics you are my sunshine - and they'll all come up. Hope this helped somewhat!!



Artist: Norman Blake Lyrics



Song: You are My Sunshine Lyrics



The other night dear, as I lay sleeping



I dreamed I held you in my arms



But when I awoke, dear, I was mistaken



So I hung my head and I cried.



You are my sunshine, my only sunshine



You make me happy when skies are gray



You'll never know dear, how much I love you



Please don't take my sunshine away



I'll always love you and make you happy,



If you will only say the same.



But if you leave me and love another,



You'll regret it all some day:



You are my sunshine, my only sunshine



You make me happy when skies are gray



You'll never know dear, how much I love you



Please don't take my sunshine away



You told me once, dear, you really loved me



And no one else could come between.



But now you've left me and love another;



You have shattered all of my dreams:



You are my sunshine, my only sunshine



You make me happy when skies are gray



You'll never know dear, how much I love you



Please don't take my sunshine away



In all my dreams, dear, you seem to leave me



When I awake my poor heart pains.



So when you come back and make me happy



I'll forgive you dear, I'll take all the blame.



You are my sunshine, my only sunshine



You make me happy when skies are gray



You'll never know dear, how much I love you



Please don't take my sunshine away

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update