Thursday, December 10, 2009

Spring season's sun -> then clouds weather problematic for SAD?

Now that it's spring, there's a lot of alternating days between bright sunshine and rainy clouds.



I wonder if this period of time is difficult for anyone else who's really sensitive to light?



I ask because the last three days here in Toledo OH have been very overcast, so mentally I've been waking up later in the day. THEN TODAY, I got a huge blast of sunshine this morning as it was a VERY sunny day.



Perhaps because my system isn't used to "waking up" till later in the day, I FELT SUPER TIRED TODAY AFTER GETTING 10 PLUS MINUTES OF EXTREME SUN EARLIER THAN NORMAL.



Maybe I can equate it to...say...the dead of winter...after having done sunshine therapy at 9 am for a week...to all of a sudden switch to 7 am one day. I think I'd be pretty tired on that 7 am day. MAYBE THIS IS THE SAME THING I"M FEELING WITH SPRINGTIME SUN AND CLOUDS.



Anyone have any words of wisdom?



Spring season's sun -%26gt; then clouds weather problematic for SAD?greek theater



I grew up in Alaska. Light summers, dark winters. Only spring and fall were slightly normal. After about 10 years, it started to wear on me, and I started getting depressed. It started in the winter, when I never saw sunlight.



It got WAYYYYY worse when I moved to Nevada and started getting normal, day-night seasons.



I saw shrinks and had meds and everything else, none of it helped. Eventually, I was able to pull myself out of it.



I know what you are saying with the weather, though. I thought it was just me, from the seasonal crap, but now I see it's not.



I feel bad for your confusion, and sorry I can't help more, but at least I'm not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update