Thursday, December 10, 2009

Why is this?

Hey there, so I had my horseback riding lesson last night, I normally ride a horse named SunShine, I've been riding S.S. for the past few weeks, so i've gotten so used to him, but I rode a horse named Roman last night, he was the horse i was riding before S.S. and i loved him, but i had to ride him last night, due to sunshine's hocks where hurt. So i did get to do some light riding anyways on him after, but my question is, why was I afraid to ride Roman? I mean, Sunshine is the one I posted about saying he was bucking and such, I knew what to do on him, but with Roman, I just totally started freakig out, I was afraid to canter him, so why do you think i was? Was it just becase I was so used to S.S? help please? I have to ride Roman again today, and I need to figure this out so I don't have another like spazz attack.



Why is this?home theatre



Your used to SS, because you'll know how she will react to things, you now how she behaves, you know her weaknesses and her strong points, but you don't know that about Roman. It is totally normal, you've been riding SS for a while now, while Roman is just a "back-up". You can't help but feel the jitters.If you don't feel comfortable with Roman just yet, then just walk and trot until you "know" him a bit more, no one should force you to canter on a horse you don't feel comfortable with. I have had a situation like this before, I was at a horse camp-out, but I didn't have a trailer, so I just brought myself. We were going to head out on a trail ride, and then a person offered me to ride one of their extra horses. I said yes. But I didn't feel "right". The horse was prancing, sidestepping, bucking alittle, etc. I couldn't handle it. This wasn't the horse I had been riding fro 3 years straight. My horse acted worse like then the horse I had been riding, and I could strongly correct my "real" horse at home, but for some reason it was harder on the other horse. So my point is, take a deep breath, relax, and stay calm, this is normal, take sometime to get used to Roman, and then have fun!



Why is this?ballet theater opera theater



it could be that you were just used to the other horse and felt more comfortable on him. i have been riding the same horse for two years (i am leasing him) and i feel somewhat uncomfortable at first when i'm riding a different horse.



edit- i agree with one of the above answers, you have done it before, you can do it again. thats what being a rider is all about ... facing your fears. you know you can do it so stop doubting yourself.
Put your courage coat on, get on and ride. You've ridden him before. You can do it again. You will ride many horses in your lifetime, and each one is a little different. Is Roman a bigger horse than Sunshine? Surprisingly, sometimes bigger horses are more gentle.



Tell yourself you can do it, and every time you catch yourself thinking you can't, tell yourself YOU CAN.
i think that you were nervous about riding a 'new' horse and you weren't sure what to think of it. we all get that way sometimes. and you may have been scared of what might happen and wouldn't be sure how to correct it on a different horse.
you were probably just freaking yourself out to death. You were used to riding Sunshine and since every horse is different Roman probably did stuff that you werent use to or Sunshine wouldnt have. So you not being used to a different behavior other than Sunshine's you probably just freaked yourself out.



It's ok and just calm down, horses can sense fear and nervousness and a lot of horses will take advantage of you if they know that your scared. I'm sure that you trainer would not put you on a horse that would hurt you.
its just nerves. your going to ride a lot of horses and most of them will be different but just tell yourself that you can do it. i have ridden for nine years and when first started when i was like 5 or 6 i was always freaked out to ride other horses but after a while you just get used to switching around. also riding more than one horse will make you a much better rider. it teaches you to never get into a routine with one horse and it proves that you can get on just about any horse and do the same thing on each one and that is the best feeling to me b/c thats when you know you have accomplished something. dont feel nervous....your doing great. its totally normal to feel strange and scared on other horses but trust me...it will go away. good luck! i hope this helped
caus ur not used to him
I started horseback last year, and I rode a horse named Barkley for a LONG time.Barkley started getting to be to easy for me, so they made me switch to I horse named Brandy.I was SOOOO scared! He wouldn't listen to me and he was going crazy!The second lesson I rode him again.We rode together like champions!The third lesson, we were best friends.I ride Barkley sometimes to, and she rides like a dream as well.So, all that I learned from that story, is that you shouldn't be nervous to ride a new horse.If your not confident, the horse won't be confident either.Stay strong.This horse could end up being your best friend like Brandy did to me.I am starting horseback riding again March 2nd again.I'm sure I'll have a blast.I really hope that you can stay confident in the lesson.Then, you and Roman will be great frinds.



I hope you have fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update