Thursday, December 10, 2009

Im lookin for a music code for the song you are my sushine .. the lyrics are :?

You Are My Sunshine



Words and Music by Jimmy Davis and Charles Mitchell (1940)



You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.



You make me happy when skies are grey.



You'll never know dear, how much I love you.



Please don't take my sunshine away.



The other night dear, as I lay sleeping,



I dreamt I held you in my arms.



When I awoke dear, I was mistaken,



So I hung my head down and cried.



You are my sunshine, my only sunshine.



You make me happy when skies are grey.



You'll never know dear, how much I love you.



Please don't take my sunshine away.



Im lookin for a music code for the song you are my sushine .. the lyrics are :?opera music



G'day Baby Dubbz,



Thank you for your question.



Could you please advise what you are looking for by adding details?



However, you can download the sheet music for it here.



http://www.sheetmusicdirect.us/search/pr...



"You Are My Sunshine" is a popular song first recorded about 1940. It has been declared one of the state songs of Louisiana as a result of its association with former state governor and country music star Jimmie Davis.



Davis and Charles Mitchell are the credited songwriters of "You Are My Sunshine". According to many sources, Davis bought the song and rights from Paul Rice and put his own name on it, a practice not uncommon in the pre-World War II music business. Some early versions of the song do credit the Rice Brothers. According to some accounts, clarinetist Pud Brown also had a hand with the Rice Brothers in the song's origin or first arrangement.



Davis said that for some time he had been enthusiastic about the song and had unsuccessfully tried to convince record companies to record it before finally making his own 1940 record of the song. Davis's version was popular and was followed by numerous other versions, including those of Bing Crosby and Gene Autry, which made the number a big hit.



Davis played up his association with the song when running for governor, singing it at all his campaign rallies and riding on a horse named "Sunshine". Jimmie Davis's authorized biography, You Are My Sunshine: The Jimmie Davis Story, was published in 1987.



"You Are My Sunshine" has been recorded hundreds of times. It is today a widely recognized song and a standard for traditional country music and traditional jazz performers, although rock and roll performances by the likes of Tony Sheridan and Bill Haley %26amp; His Comets also exist. The Haley performance was recorded in 1969 and was sung by the band's bass player, Ray Cawley; it was not released until the early 1990s.



It has been featured in numerous films, television shows, television commercials, and radio commercials (most notably in a series of Rinso advertisements in the 1960s). The song was featured in the movie Primary Colors (1996) and the Coen Brothers movie O Brother, Where Art Thou (2000). It was also used in the television show Star Trek: Voyager in the episode Someone to Watch Over Me, in which the character The Doctor used the song to teach Seven of Nine about music. Many sporting teams, such as Wigan Athletic Football Club, the Portland Timbers, St John's College, and Sydney FC, use the song as a crowd anthem, often replacing "Sunshine" with the name of the team. Also, Liverpool Football Club fans made their own version in honour of Spanish player Luis Garc铆a, while rivals Manchester United fans made their own version honouring Norwegian striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.



Rap music performer Papa Winnie also made a rap remix of the song.



In 2003, the song ranked #73 in CMT's 100 Greatest Songs in Country Music.



I have attached sources for your reference.



Regards

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update